Amazon raises its minimum wage to $15 an hour

542thruNthru

I hope you voted yes brother. No need to rock the boat. We got it good!!! Everybody who wants more is a snowflake who expects hand outs.

Dude I'm on your side. These sheep are scared!
sheep-gif-2.gif

You need to herd these sheep! You got this man! Your extensive knowledge is key!

Indecisi0n

Exactly. On top of that, for a lot of people, especially younger people. It’s not all about the money any more. They didn’t fall for the “master plan” that runs USA now and days

Whose more successful?

1. The guy making 95k who has a new house and new car....who doesn’t get to see his family as much as he wants.... works in a hostile environment
2. The guy who makes 60k a year, has a older house with character and older car. Gets to spend time with his family.... works in a great environment

You guys seem to think that money and things some how = success. Sheep.
Older houae with character... That's just something poor people say. I see my family all I want now. I sucked it up for many years and it has paid off. Good luck in whatever you do. My advise is just don't get caught up in bitterness. Set a goal and make small steps each day I order to reach that goal.

Faceplanted

Older houae with character... That's just something poor people say. I see my family all I want now. I sucked it up for many years and it has paid off. Good luck in whatever you do. My advise is just don't get caught up in bitterness. Set a goal and make small steps each day I order to reach that goal.
Poor because they don’t match your opinion of success? Very close minded fam. You should expand your horizons.

A huge/nice house makes you no happier. You are programmed to think you need more than what you actually need. It took me lots of traveling to realize this.

And yes, where I live all the new build houses are cookie cutter.. pick 1 out 7 floor plans, add your stupid granite color and add your stupid cabinet color and design. I went through the whole processs and live in one right now. If you buy something older you get much more character.

A custom build in my area is out of driver price range.

Last edited:

AwashBwashCwash

But you're forgetting. At UPS you only have to bust your ass for 3.5 hours.
At Amazon you have to figure out how to occupy an 8 hour day!

Part-timers already work 8 hours or more a day, they just have to do the rest of it at some other company.
I'd much rather get 8 hours all in one chunk at the same place. It's much more efficient and saves you time.

mikejonesjr

Nobody is forcing them to take the job.
It is their fault for making poor decisions in life.
PT jobs are not supposed to be the sole support for a family.
Your argument is ridiculous and asinine.
No your argument is what's ridiculous. Lots of people have different sources of income now and just because they aren't working 40 hours per week at ups doesn't mean they should make nothing per hour while there. Especially with how much profit they make the company busting their ass every day. Dumb old fashioned old man is what you are.

watdaflock?

why isn't this major news story that directly affects UPS on the UPS headlines page?
Why should it be?

UPS isn't an online shopping site. It's like comparing how much an online computer salesman makes a hour, to a laborer.

Hope this helps.

The drive to Amazon would take me well over one hour, dealing with I-70 traffic. Currently, my drive to UPS is 20ish minutes. Unless Amazon offers me a free Tesla to drive to/from work, I'm staying with the brown.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Gotta love the union brothers that try to justify keeping other union brothers wages and benefits down.:lol:
It is easily justifiable...there are only X amount of dollars to go around when the contracts are ratified (if/when), so therefore I want as much for me as possible.

watdaflock?

Pretty dumb comment my dude.
We're talking about package handlers here. It's relevant to UPS because Amazon employs package handlers. And plenty of them.
Very true, I was attempting humor, like a tongue and cheek response. There's many similar package handler jobs available. Many industrial businesses even have whats known as "shipping" departments, where sometimes you drive forklifts!

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
No your argument is what's ridiculous. Lots of people have different sources of income now and just because they aren't working 40 hours per week at ups doesn't mean they should make nothing per hour while there. Especially with how much profit they make the company busting their ass every day. Dumb old fashioned old man is what you are.

UPS could make more money if it wasn't for Greedy PT Union workers.

Indecisi0n

Poor because they don’t match your opinion of success? Very close minded fam. You should expand your horizons.

A huge/nice house makes you no happier. You are programmed to think you need more than what you actually need. It took me lots of traveling to realize this.

And yes, where I live all the new build houses are cookie cutter.. pick 1 out 7 floor plans, add your stupid granite color and add your stupid cabinet color and design. I went through the whole processs and live in one right now. If you buy something older you get much more character.

A custom build in my area is out of driver price range.
If I don't buy a big house where am I going to keep my boat , waverunner and dirtbikes?