For all new hires, go here (on topic)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by toonertoo, Nov 4, 2014.

1. *

When were you hired because when you were hired determines your eligibility to receive retro pay

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2019
  2. *

It's pink and clearly says that it's a new member form I honestly wouldn't bother becoming a member the union doesn't really do what it says it will at the end of the day

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2019
  3. You can only not join if you are in a right to work state.

4. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

So you must be a scab then

5. Which I'm in Texas is a right to work state

6. Stay in the Union

7. I'm not a member the union is a joke besides why pay to be a member when I can still file grievances and use the union anyway

8. If you get your ass into trouble, nobody would defend a scab. But that's just my opinion

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Definition of a scab ^^^^^^

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Popcorn1

Popcorn1 New Member

Truly enjoying waiting(sarcastic)does UPS need people for package handlers or not! 2 weeks later... starting to think they don’t hire! UPS HR “we will call you in a week” They just like to interview and take on a tour and tell you they need people.....? I call bull:censored2:❤️

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  11. MissKnowItAll

MissKnowItAll New Member

You're a real peach ! In my group we work as a team, we help each other. I imagine your co-workers must love your mooching butt.

12. Popcorn1

Popcorn1 New Member

Decided to change to my application interview appointment from night shift after not getting called back after interview and tour to twilight shift. I went on a twilight tour and interview and was asked to do background check this time? I hope that is a good sign that I’m one step closer to being hired. Then again, ups likes to interview and tour and not hire...

13. Jstpeachy

Jstpeachy Member

I applied in early March, no call til April, did interview and tour and didn’t start til May. For an understaffed building they seem to take their time for sure. Good luck!

14. Popcorn1

Popcorn1 New Member

thanks

15. Martini

Martini New Member

Was recently talking to a newly-hired pre-loader employee, and he told me that he completed his interview/tour/W-2 paperwork, etc. on May 6, 2019, and the Human Resources person said to him, "Expect an early-morning phone call from your Supervisor asking you to come into work -- within the next few days or so," and his very first day of work was actually June 20, 2019.

It took almost six weeks of him waking up & semi-getting-ready-for-work at around 3:00am-ish before he received his very first come-to-work phone call.

UPS makes the hiring process way more complicated than it needs to be, and potential and/or beginning employees get frustrated & burned out very quickly from all the confusing/vague/contradicting/half-truth information that they receive.

16. Popcorn1

Popcorn1 New Member

I wonder how many people?...or if every employee gets to start this way? Is this the ups intro?

17. Tsunades Curves

Tsunades Curves New Member

Kill your training route and pass your 30 days. After that dont hit anything and do enough to finish routes but dont try to hard or they'll congratulate you with more work. New drivers always mess up good routes because they finish them too early.

18. Trash Panda

Trash Panda Member

Maybe for inside help. Didn't have any struggle with feeders. Even got a month early heads up before signing back on.

19. davontay brown

davontay brown New Member

How do I change where my direct deposit go

20. Wait till payday then delete your old bank, the following day you can add a new bank