In GR all the high seniority guys want sleeper teams, new guys come in and are on call for a long time
Ok. So why does off the rip they say permanent full time feeder and get to the human resource and they say looking for sleeper teams ? And if high seniority driver want sleepers, would that indicate that the possibility who coming in off the street more legit to stay on as feeder driver ? Looking from outside in, im probably repeating myself or asking dumb response question, thx for all the feed back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200814-155034_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200814-155034_Chrome.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 175

WannaBeFeeder

Ok. So why does off the rip they say permanent full time feeder and get to the human resource and they say looking for sleeper teams ? And if high seniority driver want sleepers, would that indicate that the possibility who coming in off the street more legit to stay on as feeder driver ? Looking from outside in, im probably repeating myself or asking dumb response question, thx for all the feed back.
Thing is HR doesn’t know :censored2: about feeders ...... they scared a lot of ppl away by tell them that they would be doing teams. GR has hired 20 guys off the street this year None Of which are sleeper team drivers and they only have 5 sleeper teams. Low seniority guys are on call and might only work 3 days a week and you could possibly be bumped into doing sleeper teams if you are the low man and nobody Takes it. They are looking add 3-4 more teams here soon but they just recently eliminated one Lmao :censored2: show

Kind of crappy, i really want to get in the door, ive got all endorsements already. Your right about the recent hires. Lady i knew said they were bring in lime 16 ppl this was about 3 weeks about. Then yesterday at "info session" the guy basically said the same that they recent brought 16 ppl on recently. I need to get in contact with her to get her recent input on whats its really like being fresh meat there.

WannaBeFeeder

Kind of crappy, i really want to get in the door, ive got all endorsements already. Your right about the recent hires. Lady i knew said they were bring in lime 16 ppl this was about 3 weeks about. Then yesterday at "info session" the guy basically said the same that they recent brought 16 ppl on recently. I need to get in contact with her to get her recent input on whats its really like being fresh meat there.
They are hiring guys like crazy because they are booming right now. They think it’s going stay like this forever if it doesn’t They’ll have a bunch of drivers NOT working.

WannaBeFeeder

Having doubles EXP helps ..... here they’ll train you for 5 days ONLY if your not where they want you after 5 days Or if they think that your not UPS material your Disqualified and out of A job. I think all 3 trainees DQ’d last week

Nikdog

How does overtime work for a PT package handler still on their probationary period? I see the anything over 5, but that seems a little too good for someone not in the union (yet)

Brown Buddy

UPSnBrowns
We don't know when HR will call you after an interview or when you're starting work. Or what to do to "guarantee" UPS will keep you on permanently in January.
Sorry to say many new workers get hopes up to becoming permanent however I would love to see the numbers and turnover rates and new hires and fires or amount of people who quit.
Some are regular seasonal employees only called back when needed and ok with that. Year or two later for a couple months... hmmm

Brown Buddy

UPSnBrowns
How does overtime work for a PT package handler still on their probationary period? I see the anything over 5, but that seems a little too good for someone not in the union (yet)
Why are you not in the union yet?
They steady hire. Weekly at each hub. Think about turnover rates, those who quit, take sick days or just extra people to make sure they pay less overtime. It’s all numbers

Why are you not in the union yet?

They steady hire. Weekly at each hub. Think about turnover rates, those who quit, take sick days or just extra people to make sure they pay less overtime. It’s all numbers

After your 30 days You start the union right ? Does that kind of lock in your job ? Then 8 weeks til benefits. Should one feel more secure with employment after 30 days ?

Brown Buddy

UPSnBrowns
Work work work and enjoy the hours sir. Peak season coming and maybe won’t be the same as past years. We won’t know till it comes