D

Deleted member 83221

Hello fellow UPSERS I am a new hire who is doing preload early morning. I just got my first paycheck today but I didn't see any union dues taken out even though I signed the paper work on my hire date. Should I ask HR about this?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello fellow UPSERS I am a new hire who is doing preload early morning. I just got my first paycheck today but I didn't see any union dues taken out even though I signed the paper work on my hire date. Should I ask HR about this?

I wonder if hr or even your boss would be able to tell you more than a bunch of internet strangers
Lets think about it for a bit

I am going to try to compile a faq page for all new hires.

New UPSers, feel free to post your questions here in this thread if you haven't found your answer elsewhere.
ugh i posted a whole question before I saw this.. but anyways, I completed all my steps and passed the intergrad training, they told me it was for full time driving position but they are giving me the run around about my start date. I quit my other job because I needed to do the training and such, thinking I would start right after intergrad but that is clearly not the case.

New hire, finished integrad last week, as a casual/seasonal driver Call in every morning, but I'm told they don't have a sup to go out or they don't need me. Is this the usual? I have to say this is the strangest hiring-in process I've been through.
did they tell you off the rip that you would be casual/seasonal?

Mdet

Hey contact talk to your shop steward and say my union dues are not being taken out and see what they see. As a new person in my building I tell them to show up early and get ready to work. Ups is a good company with good benefits.
1.have a good night sleep
2. Drink water/ gaterade
3. If loading trucks always be in front of your first car.
4. If u need help always ask for help cause they will help u out.

D

Deleted member 83221

I'm liking preload so far. I was bone tired my first few days but I persisted and am finally doing alright. Thanks for the tips Mdet.

BrownZen

Is there a manual for the scanner/computer used by loaders? I have made my own as I go, but it seems I learn something new every week.

If I'm not mistaken, they don't start taking out union dues until your full thirty days are in and you are a senior employee

MT92

Hello I got hired at UPSfreight as a city driver (I currently have 3 years CDL experience) I thought ups was good pay and everything I didn't know until I got the job so now I know ups and UPSfreight is a different company pay is 17.70hr for me at the moment but it'll go up my question is should I start the job at ups freight and try for ups package delivery driver for future or I should take another local job and take part time package handler job and than go up from there any tips TIA

MNupsguy

I finish Integrad this week. I’ve been hired as a permanent Full-time Combination driver.

I was told I won’t start accumulating any of my 30 days until after peak season is done. As long as I hit my numbers while being safe am I good? Or will they be using this as a loophole to get rid of us in January as basically season hires?

BrownZen

Small package misorts get thrown on the ground in our hub. Then package handlers come around with big heavy wooden flat cart to pick them up by hand off the ground. You cannot stack too many on the huge cart because it is flat and they slide off. They drop these back on the conveyor.

This seems insane to me. Can anyone tell me why the small package people cannot be given a bucket to throw them into? Even if they got 50% in, it would be huge time saver. Why don't they let the package handler use use a snow shovel, broom, leaf bucket (or something similar) to pick them up? I am new and do not want to annoy the supervisors, but this :censored2: is really dumb.

Mdet

Hello I got hired at UPSfreight as a city driver (I currently have 3 years CDL experience) I thought ups was good pay and everything I didn't know until I got the job so now I know ups and UPSfreight is a different company pay is 17.70hr for me at the moment but it'll go up my question is should I start the job at ups freight and try for ups package delivery driver for future or I should take another local job and take part time package handler job and than go up from there any tips TIA
I am part time and I am almost at 20hr u can do part time and move up that way is kinda faster it all depends on building too

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Ups freight and UPS 2 very different companies

No interaction between the 2