burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Small package misorts get thrown on the ground in our hub. Then package handlers come around with big heavy wooden flat cart to pick them up by hand off the ground. You cannot stack too many on the huge cart because it is flat and they slide off. They drop these back on the conveyor.

This seems insane to me. Can anyone tell me why the small package people cannot be given a bucket to throw them into? Even if they got 50% in, it would be huge time saver. Why don't they let the package handler use use a snow shovel, broom, leaf bucket (or something similar) to pick them up? I am new and do not want to annoy the supervisors, but this * is really dumb.

All you need to worry about is getting the right boxes into the right truck

How is UPS this bad at communicating? Hired in September to start October 1st. Emailed HR Supervisor and Manager assigned to in Workday without response. Just going to walk away I guess.

MNupsguy

I attended Virtual Integrad last week...when I view last week’s time card there isn’t one. Is this normal? Who do we speak to if there is a payroll issue?

JJinVA

I attended Virtual Integrad last week...when I view last week’s time card there isn’t one. Is this normal? Who do we speak to if there is a payroll issue?
I didnt even have an employee ID number until my third week on the job so Id say thats about par for the course

NBROG39

Completed Virtual Integrad two weeks ago, was told by HR Rep that they will input your hours for the week, straight 40 hours. That was my experience anyway.

Smokeylt

did they tell you off the rip that you would be casual/seasonal?
This is not good. I took this job over others offered was suppose to be full time seasonal but now says casual seasonal. Fixing to start Intagrad next monday. Does this mean I am going to be On call and I was issued uniforms, but I am not even hired. Sounds like I got screwed by HR

Smokeylt

did they tell you off the rip that you would be casual/seasonal?
This is not good. I took this job over others offered was suppose to be full time seasonal but now says casual seasonal. Fixing to start Intagrad next monday. Does this mean I am going to be On call and I was issued uniforms, but I am not even hired. Sounds like I got screwed by HR

bakiii

Just started couple days ago. First day build the walls , and did splitting (in and out) at the begging of the belt. I didnt know much thing about how things work at UPS. It was a group of 6 new hires and they told us maybe 2 of us gonna stay full time after peak season. They also told us they want us to improve and climb up the ladder in the company. After researching for an hour i found out that all of that is a lie hahah. They told us there was a guy who started as a package handled and he made a driver after 5 months and after couple of months of driving he made a driver supervisor.... Now i can see forums that people are waiting up to 10 years for FT positons, or to become a drivers, So basically i have to work 10 years overnight job , part time for poor wage to potentially become a driver or so.... Doesnt pay off if you ask me

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Just started couple days ago. First day build the walls , and did splitting (in and out) at the begging of the belt. I didnt know much thing about how things work at UPS. It was a group of 6 new hires and they told us maybe 2 of us gonna stay full time after peak season. They also told us they want us to improve and climb up the ladder in the company. After researching for an hour i found out that all of that is a lie hahah. They told us there was a guy who started as a package handled and he made a driver after 5 months and after couple of months of driving he made a driver supervisor.... Now i can see forums that people are waiting up to 10 years for FT positons, or to become a drivers, So basically i have to work 10 years overnight job , part time for poor wage to potentially become a driver or so.... Doesnt pay off if you ask me

Then why are you still here

Beat it @Barney

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Hold the uniforms for ransom
Tell them if they don’t hire you they are never getting them back

JJinVA

I became a driver after 9 months. Mine was a matter of luck and good timing. The center was growing and they desperately needed drivers. Granted, I dont drive for the center in my hometown because that probably would have been the case. 10 years of preload, then MAYBE get to go driving. Just depends on your center, how many people at your center want to go driving, how many of them have speeding tickets or wreckless driving charges/DUIs in the last three years.

Not everyone wants to be a driver either. Some people just do preload for the bennies and have other gigs outside of UPS. Some people arent fit enough to be drivers and would get disqualified after 1 week of trying. It can go faster than you expect.

bakiii

Because i need extra money and extra hustle. Not complaining at all, i do my job the best i could, just got surprised how things work over there. Because it turns out that they lied to us and probably you gonna be stuck at 1 position over there all the time

SweetShopper

I applied and interviewed for a seasonal driver job last week that was advertised at $21/hr. It's now being advertised at $27/hr. Obviously, that's a huge difference. Is there anything I can do to get paid the new higher offered wage?

bakiii

I have a question about drivers pay. I was working preload for about 3 weeks, then was offered a driver positions for the peak season.
Since i didn't work 30 days at preload i still don't have seniority. When asked about the pay i was told this:
1. For in house employees payrate is supposed to be $27
2. For outside the house employees payrate is $21

When i asked HR they said it should be $27 because i am an inside employee, and when asked about seniority they said its up to the union.

SO basically did anyone went through similar situation, just wanted to know what to expect