lmackey22

Really? They’re just suggestions to make someone’s life at work little easier. I wouldn’t suggest someone spends a ton of money on work if they don’t have it. The fact that you had to be tough guys and bully someone for trying to help people shows why people like you two are the reason others despise going to work. People like you ruin work for everyone else. Believe it or not, some people enjoy going to work and helping build their co-workers up so that everyone can get through the shift without wanting to kill themselves. Congratulations, you’re real bad asses. Someone’s having a $12 tape gun doesn’t mean anything other than they prefer to not get stacked-out from having to run around the warehouse looking for tape. My boss doesn’t even know that I have one. And with the scanner straps, it clearly says that it’s a bit much, so great job on reading that. So, if you’re ever at Staples and see a 10-pack for $6, get some. I’m sure there’s others in your shop that aren’t so stuck-up and snotty.

Last edited:
Really? They’re just suggestions to make someone’s life at work little easier. I wouldn’t suggest someone spends a ton of money on work if they don’t have it. The fact that you had to be tough guys and bully someone for trying to help people shows why people like you two are the reason others despise going to work. People like you ruin work for everyone else. Believe it or not, some people enjoy going to work and helping build their co-workers up so that everyone can get through the shift. Congratulations, you’re real bad asses. Someone’s having a $12 tape gun doesn’t mean anything other than they prefer to not get stacked-out from having to run around the warehouse looking for tape. My boss doesn’t even know that I have one. And with the scanner straps, it clearly says that it’s a bit much, so great job on reading that. So, if you’re ever at Staples and see a 10-pack for $6, get some. I’m sure there’s others in your shop that aren’t so stuck-up and snotty.
The company will provide you a tape gun there is no need at all to buy one

Last edited:

lmackey22

I did the pre load for 1 yr , I walked in with my lunch box & a newspaper, and my gloves , wore my UPS issued brown pants so I wouldn't ruin my own. That was it , none of these other things every else seems to need , I survived 9 hour nites without a back pack and all that other crap
It clearly says that no one needs this stuff...

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I'd go further and say it creates a problem.
Why should I spend money on what should be UPS's responsibility?

I bring a water bottle to work.
If I need anything else, UPS will provide it for me.

If they will not, then it clearly falls outside of my job requirements.

You don't give me a tape gun?
Then it isn't my responsibility to tape up damages.

No sharpie?
Then you aren't going to have HIN numbers written.

Etc...

lmackey22

I'd go further and say it creates a problem.
Why should I spend money on what should be UPS's responsibility?

I bring a water bottle to work.
If I need anything else, UPS will provide it for me.

If they will not, then it clearly falls outside of my job requirements.

You don't give me a tape gun?
Then it isn't my responsibility to tape up damages.

No sharpie?
Then you aren't going to have HIN numbers written.

Etc...
Understood & I appreciate your view. I would just rather be comfortable and less stressed at a place where I spend 1/3 of my life, and having these things readily available do that for me.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Like anywhere else, you will always find someone who wants to dump on something someone else posts or says. It was clearly stated by the OP that these were suggestions for someone if they wanted to make their work experience a little easier/ less stressful on themselves. The fact that people felt it necessary to bang on the OP's post merely shows how truly insecure they are and their need to feel superior to others. They are most likely only "keyboard" brave and if confronted face to face would not act the same way.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I had a locker when I drove a brownie , but not the yr I was on pre load , I have one in feedahs, but never use it , I keep the stuff I need in a tote in tractor , fortunately I don't share tractor we all have our own

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Really? They’re just suggestions to make someone’s life at work little easier. I wouldn’t suggest someone spends a ton of money on work if they don’t have it. The fact that you had to be tough guys and bully someone for trying to help people shows why people like you two are the reason others despise going to work. People like you ruin work for everyone else. Believe it or not, some people enjoy going to work and helping build their co-workers up so that everyone can get through the shift without wanting to kill themselves. Congratulations, you’re real bad asses. Someone’s having a $12 tape gun doesn’t mean anything other than they prefer to not get stacked-out from having to run around the warehouse looking for tape. My boss doesn’t even know that I have one. And with the scanner straps, it clearly says that it’s a bit much, so great job on reading that. So, if you’re ever at Staples and see a 10-pack for $6, get some. I’m sure there’s others in your shop that aren’t so stuck-up and snotty.

If ups want you to have this stuff they will provide it

Now get back in that trailer and pick up the pace

longmeat

anyone else having the problem of being promised a wage that is apparently $10+ higher(as a peak season hire) than current employees(hired before peak season)... and then not recieving that amount for one or more paychecks?

That~guy

Hi I hired as seasonal and started Oct 26 I believe the start date for seasonals is Nov 1. Does that mean that I any right to go to the union because I've worked before the season began thanks in advance this was my second season

That~guy

Hello I have a question I started October 26 to my knowledge the seasonal begins November 1st do I have right to go to Union because starting before the official seasonal date this was my second season as a driver I was told I would get hire by both sups and business manager but there was been hold ups for above thanks in advance