TXupser3000

Off the street, full time permanent pkg driver about to complete my 30 day training packet. When will I start receiving insurance benefits? Thanks in advance.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Just an introduction. Started this week as a part time package delivery driver. Completely changing careers. Did some union work prior to but switched to management...got burnt out from management. Decided to kind of "start over" here.

Came for the pay and bennies ... Have a fairly good grasp of what's expected and how hard the job is.

Just hoping to get consistent hours stay safe and get paid.
Whats a part time package delivery driver
Where I’am at all drivers are full time except a few air drivers and pvd’s during peak

beatupbrown

I would say the number issue is the heat it will kill you, slow down drink water. A heat index at 110 to 115 is just dangerous don’t be a hero. I would get some form of heat exhaustion that is drinking water all day and eating lunch. You need to eat you need the calories the sweating is chewing them up.

Look over the load don’t forget the bulk stops you are covering driving it’s all new. Talk to the driver that has the route when not training get tips!!

tthenoob

[Premier Сasual Dating Authentic Maidens]
Surprised nobody has blown this forum up but Dallas area is hiring ALOT of 0323-Full Time Combo Driver position, did my upsers, university. and i start next week. i did my research and from what ive mostly seen most people dont get the full time position with it being seasonal? i checked my workday and it said full time combo and that i was a part of a union but im only on day 7? i was hired as a referral. my question being can they fire me in the 30 days for slow performance? im only asking as the Instructors are :censored2:s who made it seem like people will be fired if they dont move NONSTOP. i will definitely try my hardest but knowing that they can still fire me stresses me out. after day 30 will i be guranteed safe unless i do something stupid or do i gotta wait longer? also glad to be a part of the forum and the UPS company. thanks all

Surprised nobody has blown this forum up but Dallas area is hiring ALOT of 0323-Full Time Combo Driver position, did my upsers, university. and i start next week. i did my research and from what ive mostly seen most people dont get the full time position with it being seasonal? i checked my workday and it said full time combo and that i was a part of a union but im only on day 7? i was hired as a referral. my question being can they fire me in the 30 days for slow performance? im only asking as the Instructors are *s who made it seem like people will be fired if they dont move NONSTOP. i will definitely try my hardest but knowing that they can still fire me stresses me out. after day 30 will i be guranteed safe unless i do something stupid or do i gotta wait longer? also glad to be a part of the forum and the UPS company. thanks all
Are you a new hire off the street or was you a employee before you took the combo job

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I would say the number issue is the heat it will kill you, slow down drink water. A heat index at 110 to 115 is just dangerous don’t be a hero. I would get some form of heat exhaustion that is drinking water all day and eating lunch. You need to eat you need the calories the sweating is chewing them up.

Look over the load don’t forget the bulk stops you are covering driving it’s all new. Talk to the driver that has the route when not training get tips!!
Great advice, especially talking to the driver

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Alright thanks just wanted to clarify. They told us alot of other stuff we "HAD" to do which ended up not mattering lol ready to go hard with my supervisor when I get my schedule
Do what ya gotta do to make the list, run, skip lunch, anything, for 30 days. Then follow all the methods and take your LUNCH! And breaks. Numbers are meaningless and don’t let em scare you with em! When it’s lunch time drop anchor. If your heavy call and let them know your gonna be late. It’s their job to figure it out. Thats decades of experience in a nutshell, follow it and you wont ever stress out.

tthenoob

[Premier Сasual Dating Authentic Maidens]
Do what ya gotta do to make the list, run, skip lunch, anything, for 30 days. Then follow all the methods and take your LUNCH! And breaks. Numbers are meaningless and don’t let em scare you with em! When it’s lunch time drop anchor. If your heavy call and let them know your gonna be late. It’s their job to figure it out. Thats decades of experience in a nutshell, follow it and you wont ever stress out.
Wow lol honestly I thought I'd get trolled a bit but I appreciate this advice yall giving alot, I'll come back with updates for my first week but thank yall