intowin

Fired this morning By a Manager that seemed to be orchestrating my failure in completing probation. First, being fired and the reasons stated. This Manager maintains that I missed my very first two days of work. ahhh, no i did not. I had problems signing in reported this to sup that day and on multiple occasions since.

They assured it would be corrected and it apparently was not. What's more, b/c of what I saw and others believed possible of this manager, I talked to a shop steward informally, thinking i had passed probation, even being told by a sup that i didn't have to worry about being cut anymore, just to find out if this could actually be happening.

This past Friday steward stopped by as I was loading trucks to explain something. A manager who has their own issues with this steward saw him talking to me, came up and told him repeatedly to stop talking to me. they started yelling at each other and it got real for a minute. It was clear the manager blamed me for the conflict. I didn't have a problem with this manager. Today i came to work and started working, was called to the office and summarily let go by the manager who I mentioned had it out for me.

I know that on paper the manager is well within her rights. However, I did not miss those days at work, which put me past the amount of days needed to clear probation. Also, it's been clear that she was out for blood and it felt pretty clear that she was retaliating for my having even talked to a steward and the argument which i was not part of, and whatever became of the manager involved in the argument.

I have worked the amount of days required to pass probation and this manager has been interfering with my work flow and productivity since i was moved to her jurisdiction. What can I do Who can I talk to, while making the least amount of waves. Termination Help

AJ.D

Hi Everyone....

So I just wanted to thank all of you in advance for taking the time to at least read this. I am in a situation where I need some advice and I am having a hard time finding the right person in my center to go to to get an answer without going in circles. My question is in regards to moving up the ladder considerably... looking towards a corporate position and I am willing to relocate to GA to do so. I'll provide some background information here just to help and set a background for anyone that can help. Again, I am greatly appreciable for all of the help that anyone provide, so thank you in advance.

I am 31 years old and live in Chicago. I am actually a physician, yes a physician.... I completed medical school but decided not to do a residency and then went back to finish a Master's degree and an MBA in Finance and Health Care Administration. After the Obamacare change up, I have lost my job and that led me to working for UPS just recently. I decided to be a seasonal driver helper and ended up having an awesome driver that explained a lot of things to me about the company and really just showed me this opportunity that I never would have considered. At the beginning of this month, I had gotten a phone call to become a part-time loader and took the opportunity. One of my first questions was in regards to me being able to get my foot in the door and having the ability to move up the ladder and into different departments.

I was told that after a 30 day period, I would be able to apply to any job on the UPSers area. However, after that initial information, I have not gotten any other answer to other questions that I had. I am looking to move up as quick as I can and as far as I can. I have plenty of experience in the corporate setting dealing with numbers, hedging oil and other commodities versus transportation budgets to cap potential losses, managing a team and working with others to name a few. I am willing to move anywhere in the country, and am also willing to take any temporary training that is necessary to reach this goal of mine.

My questions are in regards to this:
1. Is this something that is actually feasible or no?
2. What are some things that I can do to improve my chances of making this happen?
3. What is the best way to reach some of the positions that I am looking for and is there anything I can do to help me advance faster?

Thank you again. I really appreciate all of the advice!

Number-Nine

So HR called me today asking if I was interested in going full time. He asked if I was in any accidents and I told him yes, unfortunately with the company vehicle driving Saturday a few months back. He said I was disqualified but asked if it was on my licenses since there was never a police report. I downloaded my abstract and it wasn't listed. I handed it to him before and he needs to speak with his supervisor.

Do you guys think I'll still be DQ'd or did I catch a break on a technicality?

Pfusch

Do you have your FT sups number? If not you can try calling HR but your best bet I I think would be to go there and speak to someone in person
I asked three times my supervisor to check my paycheck, which probably only caused that I'm not ever going to get a job from UPS again.
UPS doesn't have HR phone numbers anywhere on their web pages.

Mikeups

Hmmm...just reading back a bit but I urinate in cups all day everyday...I also wear a special pair of underwear that has a hole in the seat of them so I can sit on tires and poo

BigBrown04

I just got hired to work on the reload at a small center, i have to call in everyday and only work 1-2 days a week? is this just being at the bottom or is this not normal? why would they say they needed someone when they don't ?

Pfusch

I just got hired to work on the reload at a small center, i have to call in everyday and only work 1-2 days a week? is this just being at the bottom or is this not normal? why would they say they needed someone when they don't ?
Treating people like :censored2: is very normal for UPS.

So I lost my phone at work today...any chance I'll be seeing it again? Probably under piles of boxes and halfway across the country right about now (loader in 1 truck entire day). My pants were probably too baggy...sigh.

Had a sticker on it if that was important in any way.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So I lost my phone at work today...any chance I'll be seeing it again? Probably under piles of boxes and halfway across the country right about now (loader in 1 truck entire day). My pants were probably too baggy...sigh.

Had a sticker on it if that was important in any way.

Please tell us that you at least thought to cancel your service on that phone.

Did you try calling your phone when you realized you lost it?

Yeah, but unfortunately my work area is so damn loud I couldn't hear the damn thing regardless. Wasn't sure exactly when it fell out and I was already 75% through the truck and I can't just unload the whole damn thing (I would've...bet my sup wouldn't stand for it though). So, I'm hoping an unloader finds the thing and hands it over. My sup told me he informed the driver and 'called it in' (whatever that means) then gave me a story about how another person lost his phone on a truck over a year ago and got it back a week later, but we wouldn't know until it gets back into the building.

Pretty sure when I was in orientation training in the classroom I was told they were 'registering my phone' and that was what the sticker was for which is why I was hoping it could be returned to me in cases such as these, however, after asking around it just sounds more like 'you didn't steal it'.

Is working as a package handler really that hard? I went on a facility tour to meet with the manager and talk about the job as a package handler. He pretty much guarantees full time driver or supervisor after one year which is great. But he also goes off about how hard being a package handler is and how most people just quit. Almost to the point where he makes it seem impossible. Like if you haven't done physical labor within the last 2 weeks you're pretty much screwed. Is this true? Or is he just trying to scare people away? I want to be a full time driver and I am willing to deal with the crappy pay, hours, and hard work if it means having a career. I just want to make sure I'm stepping up to the right plate. Thoughts?