burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thank you so much for this! I'm actually a girl and just got interviewed yesterday.
Like what you have said about them, hiring anyone but filtering those who can't or won't do the job, I'm worried. I really want this job as to what I deeply expressed to the interviewer/HR rep but they might see me as incompetent (or something). I'm a hard worker, to be honest. I really wouldn't might being a package handler because I actually see this as a work out. And with the benefits (tuition reimbursement), I would be able to help my parents. Thanks again.

I am an "Omar" fan myself

skodenn7

Thank you so much for this! I'm actually a girl and just got interviewed yesterday.
Like what you have said about them, hiring anyone but filtering those who can't or won't do the job, I'm worried. I really want this job as to what I deeply expressed to the interviewer/HR rep but they might see me as incompetent (or something). I'm a hard worker, to be honest. I really wouldn't might being a package handler because I actually see this as a work out. And with the benefits (tuition reimbursement), I would be able to help my parents. Thanks again.

Know what? I am a girl too. I'm 34 and 130 lbs. I have another job as well. I started in unloading stayed for 3 weeks and just started loading. It IS hard work. It will suck at first and you will want to quit. Hopefully they don't start you in primary sort. Its pretty much sink or swim. Just remember that you will get used to it no matter how hard you think it is. You have to sort heavy stuff nonstop and keep up or they'll pile up and start falling off the belt. Just keep a steady pace no matter how fast they come and don't flip out...know that it will slow back down. My supervisor didn't think I would make it but by the end of the first week I was as fast as everyone else. You will adapt if you just keep pushing.

averageguy14

Also during the summer months, especially here in PA make sure you stay hydrated and drink plenty of water. It can get rough and the summer definitely filters out the ones that can't handle it. Last summer caught up to the whole building, we had record hi temps some weeks in a row. Take your time and stick with a pace you're comfortable with

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Know what? I am a girl too. I'm 34 and 130 lbs. I have another job as well. I started in unloading stayed for 3 weeks and just started loading. It IS hard work. It will suck at first and you will want to quit. Hopefully they don't start you in primary sort. Its pretty much sink or swim. Just remember that you will get used to it no matter how hard you think it is. You have to sort heavy stuff nonstop and keep up or they'll pile up and start falling off the belt. Just keep a steady pace no matter how fast they come and don't flip out...know that it will slow back down. My supervisor didn't think I would make it but by the end of the first week I was as fast as everyone else. You will adapt if you just keep pushing.

What's a "skoden nation"

Jumper555

Yep! That was funny as hell!
Laughed so hard I got the 'you OK?' look from my cat.
That was pretty funny! I guess the best way to put it would be "laid off". I've heard they have some ups merchandise and I would like to check it out, but I don't now if as a driver helper, I can. Does anyone know?

Rack em

Made the Podium
I bet in December they will lend you some UPS gear for the month, but you gotta give it back. Otherwise I don't believe you can order anything.