Txheat26

New member here, I got a interview for driver on Monday and was wondering if I could get some info. The job says full time but is it guaranteed full time 40+ hours a week? I've seen some posts saying the ask you to stay home sometimes. If a driver comes in off the street do they start all the way at the bottom or are there exceptions? I've been in the beer business over 6 years and want to make sure it's worth coming over.

Rack em

Made the Podium
New member here, I got a interview for driver on Monday and was wondering if I could get some info. The job says full time but is it guaranteed full time 40+ hours a week? I've seen some posts saying the ask you to stay home sometimes. If a driver comes in off the street do they start all the way at the bottom or are there exceptions? I've been in the beer business over 6 years and want to make sure it's worth coming over.
Most likely it would be a seasonal position with no guarantee of hours each week. You would work a couple months as needed and then they would kick you to the curb after the seasonal period. Not worth quitting another good steady job for.

Txheat26

Most likely it would be a seasonal position with no guarantee of hours each week. You would work a couple months as needed and then they would kick you to the curb after the seasonal period. Not worth quitting another good steady job for.

Thanks man, I figured it was to good to be true. Ill just keep feeding the alcoholics

deereman

I am going to try to compile a faq page for all new hires.

New UPSers, feel free to post your questions here in this thread if you haven't found your answer elsewhere.
I have a question, I'm being hired for seasonal driving and HR told me they will not be paying for hotel,mileage or meals. Only the 18.75$ while in school. I live 3 1/2 hours away and cannot commute that everyday . I have seen posts where people were put up in hotels, payed mileage, and meals provided. Is it because I'm a seasonal driver hire or is it my region being small? I'd be attending school in elm grove Wisconsin near Milwaukee.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I have a question, I'm being hired for seasonal driving and HR told me they will not be paying for hotel,mileage or meals. Only the 18.75$ while in school. I live 3 1/2 hours away and cannot commute that everyday . I have seen posts where people were put up in hotels, payed mileage, and meals provided. Is it because I'm a seasonal driver hire or is it my region being small? I'd be attending school in elm grove Wisconsin near Milwaukee.
Don't know what you are wanting to hear. Does it really matter what anyone here says. There not gonna pay it. Period. So... doesn't really matter...

UPS_HOPEFULL

Had interview, memorized 5s and 10s, took online assessment and passed been waiting on background for 3 weeks now. Is it possible to not get hired after all this effort?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's just the way it is in Wisconsin. They do training in house instead of sending new hires to integrad.
Well hallelujah ..... Someone finally gave an explanation ..... So yeah that's what I wanted to hear . Thank you sileze.

Is the center that you will be working out of 3 1/2 hours away from your house?

deereman

Well hallelujah ..... Someone finally gave an explanation ..... So yeah that's what I wanted to hear . Thank you sileze.
Ups will pay for stay/milage if you go to Integrad (Chicago) they only send full-time permanent drivers there. When I went driving Integrad was full and they sent me to Elm Grove. My best advice is to find a good deal on a hotel for sun-fri.

Home

I stayed here (wife found a good deal online) and the wife and kids came down for a few days during
Is the center that you will be working out of 3
No. Just the driving school.

deereman

image.jpg
I have no idea------I would think that this would be a national policy.
Well that's what I would think. It would be the same everywhere, but I guess not. Oh well. I was told by hr that as a seasonal driver i get no benefits( knew that) no vacation ( knew that) and I have to pay union dues. Didn't know that. Wth? And oh btw, the order changed on the ten pt commentary.