DRporch

i have 2 questions i haven't found answers for(i like to exhaust all options before asking supervisor or my REP).

now i have a fulltime driving position. my first year is coming up but i havent qualified yet. now from what i thought you had to qualify to get a seniority date correct?

also was curious on vactaion time for first year. not really worried about it that much but will surely help when it gets slow after in 2018.

its been ungodly hard making ends meet working 1 day a week if im lucky up until now when our vacations hit

Michigan

DRporch

im at the bottom on my list in seniority and deliver in Detroit. i think we only have 40 routes(on a good day) all together and after peak for us is very slow. Detroit's income is quite low. however i will be filing transfer paperwork to a busier closer hub when in 5 months when my 1 yr is up

walk it off

New member here, I got a interview for driver on Monday and was wondering if I could get some info. The job says full time but is it guaranteed full time 40+ hours a week? I've seen some posts saying the ask you to stay home sometimes. If a driver comes in off the street do they start all the way at the bottom or are there exceptions? I've been in the beer business over 6 years and want to make sure it's worth coming over.
As a off the street hire in '86 there was and is a wage progression. I believe full scale would take 2 years. Good news is you been delivering heavy stuff at every stop. This is faster and more condensed. Take the plunge and make some more money. You must be in or near a large city. Generally the only ones who have to do an outside hire. Ratio was 5/1 as 5 inside workers are offered the job before they go outside. Good luck

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
As a off the street hire in '86 there was and is a wage progression. I believe full scale would take 2 years. Good news is you been delivering heavy stuff at every stop. This is faster and more condensed. Take the plunge and make some more money. You must be in or near a large city. Generally the only ones who have to do an outside hire. Ratio was 5/1 as 5 inside workers are offered the job before they go outside. Good luck

Listen, @fiftyliners, if you plan to respond to every thread, at least get your facts straight.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I was hired off the street as a full time package driver. Started in July '89 in Sunnyvale, Ca

As a off the street hire in '86 there was and is a wage progression
giphy (20).gif