A good guy

First time poster and just had some questions after passing a non-integrad class

-So drivers dislike orion cause of how botched it can get in neighborhoods? Our instructor was showing use two-fers on the route maps in residence's that could be easily hit but had them marked as 2 stops apart.

-Are doing isat's out on route as complicated as they sounded in training? Or do they become simple through repetition?

-In drivers experience's that do buisness routes how often do buisness routinely refuse cod's? Is it a common thing for small buisness to deny cod's until the third time just so they can avoid paying for a day?

Other then that the instructor was pretty cool. Technically passed out of class on wendsday with the 5's, 10's, and 2 minute drills. Also had 4 days to work on the diad.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
First time poster and just had some questions after passing a non-integrad class

-So drivers dislike orion cause of how botched it can get in neighborhoods? Our instructor was showing use two-fers on the route maps in residence's that could be easily hit but had them marked as 2 stops apart.

-Are doing isat's out on route as complicated as they sounded in training? Or do they become simple through repetition?

-In drivers experience's that do buisness routes how often do buisness routinely refuse cod's? Is it a common thing for small buisness to deny cod's until the third time just so they can avoid paying for a day?

Other then that the instructor was pretty cool. Technically passed out of class on wendsday with the 5's, 10's, and 2 minute drills. Also had 4 days to work on the diad.

Wtf is an Isat?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Some like to play the cod game
back in the day there were ways to deal with this

Don't know if I'd try it today

35years

Gravy route

-So drivers dislike orion cause of how botched it can get in neighborhoods? Our instructor was showing use two-fers on the route maps in residence's that could be easily hit but had them marked as 2 stops apart.!--------------------------------------------

ORION can't think of a route as a cohesive whole. Each route has its own characteristics that determines how to run it. For example a heavy industrial route that fills your truck each day will have to be run by which stops are clogging your truck up that particular day. A rural route with high miles will force you to look at where the scattered business are that close before ORION says you should do them. ORION is inflexible and does not make adjustments during the day depending on the day's challenges.

------------------------------------------------------

Tshirt shops are netorious for trying to float inventory by not paying the first day. If you notice a business doing this don't future pks for them and do not ever leave the COD boxes with the promise that they will give you a certified check later in the day.
---------------------------

35years

Gravy route
Ya sorry. Isat was the international shipments training. It seems simple in practice but the training goes over things sometimes three times.
All you really need to check is the sheet to list ....
1 what is in the box
2 how much is it worth
3 where is it coming from
4 where is it going
5 how many boxes in the shipment
6 is it a haz mat

You are not going to be an expert on all the rules. The shipper needs to work everything else out with the help line.

CoryAndTrevor

Greetings everyone, I've been reading this forum for a bit and it's awesome. Got interviewed on Wednesday, leaving tonight for local class in Harrisburg.

Question is, does anyone know why we need a new DOT medical card for UPS if we already have one? Is it because they only trust the doctors they know? I would have thought the standards for DOT cards would be nation-wide, otherwise what's the point of it?

Anyway, I only ask because there was a hiccup where my primary care doc had to sign off on my medications, and she didn't do it this past week, so my only hope now is to get her to fax it to the doctor that did my physical, and have them fax it to me at the HR office in Harrisburg tomorrow, all between 8:00 and 8:45 right before my class starts.

The reason I bring up my existing DOT medical card is because maybe they could accept that as a temporary substitute just so I can get into class tomorrow, in case my doctor is lazy again? Anyone know if that could work?

Anyone know if the DOT medical cards even look any different from doctor to doctor? Would they even be able to tell the difference, other than looking at the date on It?

Obviously they'll look at the date to make sure it's not expired, but will they care that's it's not from this new doctor, or was that just my HR manager at my local hub?

Thanks in advance.

WCBD4U

Greetings everyone, I've been reading this forum for a bit and it's awesome. Got interviewed on Wednesday, leaving tonight for local class in Harrisburg.

Question is, does anyone know why we need a new DOT medical card for UPS if we already have one? Is it because they only trust the doctors they know? I would have thought the standards for DOT cards would be nation-wide, otherwise what's the point of it?

Anyway, I only ask because there was a hiccup where my primary care doc had to sign off on my medications, and she didn't do it this past week, so my only hope now is to get her to fax it to the doctor that did my physical, and have them fax it to me at the HR office in Harrisburg tomorrow, all between 8:00 and 8:45 right before my class starts.

The reason I bring up my existing DOT medical card is because maybe they could accept that as a temporary substitute just so I can get into class tomorrow, in case my doctor is lazy again? Anyone know if that could work?

Anyone know if the DOT medical cards even look any different from doctor to doctor? Would they even be able to tell the difference, other than looking at the date on It?

Obviously they'll look at the date to make sure it's not expired, but will they care that's it's not from this new doctor, or was that just my HR manager at my local hub?

Thanks in advance.
I would assume that all companies want a fresh new DOT physical for new employees because when the Dr's do everything, there is usually a urine drug test that's include in the physical and I'm sure they'd want that to be as new as possible. Just because someone may have been clean on their last physical date, doesn't mean they're still clean. To me it wouldn't be any different than a random drug test. I could be wrong, but those are my thoughts.

CoryAndTrevor

With a normal DOT physical, most have you pee in a cup....what they do with it.....I don't know.

As far as I know, they test glucose, protein, and creatinine, probably some other stuff too. Glucose in your urine means you could be diabetic, protein and/or high creatinine mean your kidney is not functioning well. Obviously there's probably more to it, this is just what I know from years of having my kidney function tested (had left one removed as a baby, righty is still going strong though).

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Thanks in advance.

They want there own Dr. As they are experienced in implanting the chip

Neil H

ok heres a question...i applied for a part time package handler job but the actual location they were hiring for did not work out. so i applied for another location and there have been no appts. ok so then i tried part time dock worker..and even though the ad said twilight shift, when i completed the application it said there were no openings at that location. so ive got 3 applications sitting there on the job site. i saw another part time dock worker job in another location....it wont let me apply..it just gives me the " we already have your info blah blah". yeah i guess.. so it appears i cant apply to anymore positions...id be happy to delete the two handler appications and the dock app that has no openings but cant seem to do it on their jobsite. i commute between states as it is so ive been trying to find a part time ups spot in one of two areas 50 miles apart. theres no way that since i applied for a part time dock worker position in baltimore that has no openings that they will just throw me in for the opening i saw in york pa you know?

Sweaty

Thinking about accepting a PT air freight PU/D driving job.... will I likely be starved for hours and working the dock? Should I even bother?