AsweetGirl

Is No Longer Affiliated With UPS
Has anyone ever received a call to work (fill in for no show or someone leaving) on a Monday even tho their on a work schedule of Tues-Sat. ?

Jonghhh

Has anyone ever received a call to work (fill in for no show or someone leaving) on a Monday even tho their on a work schedule of Tues-Sat. ?
I did last Monday which was the first Monday of the new schedule and got OT for it, did not get a call the next Monday, they called around 2:30 am

AsweetGirl

@burrheadd "way TLDR", don't even bother looking it's a post for new people, so you're not missing out.

Newly hired package handlers/sorters per-loaders... anybody new, if you're doing some research on here, you may come across advice like:

"don't work too hard or too fast in the beginning. Or don't be awesome at your job, just take your time and learn in your first 30"

why?

"because they'll expect that out of you forever".... people say.

Well-
That's not necessarily why, I have found that tip useful...
My "why" is: "you never want to outshine your trainer or your supervisor."

Just don't do it.

There is no I in team.

If you're like me, you're probably thinking they want you to be good at your job.

Well, They don't.

I can't speak for all of them and I might even change my mind next week, but as for my experience Monday 9/25/17

I can say that double checking what your supervisor just put in the truck you're loading is definitely frowned upon.

Definitely. Frowned. Upon.

Especially if it was misloaded, heaven forbid I Would notify him, I just continued my work and I replaced it to the correct vehicle,

but Mr. Misload-sup-dude definitely watched me and gave me a "you're fired" look.

My advice: Wait on time-experience so it looks like you've caught on and got better over time.

And if you have any ideas of how something could be done better faster easier more efficiently, write yourself a letter explaining what operation you've thought of, read it and be proud then burn it and forget about it, before you ever get caught having ideas to improve work.

Luckily I've never shared any ideas of mine, because I know better and I value being employed, but for those new hires that don't know.
Don't ever share anything new.

In conclusion
Being awesome (or just cocky) without earning seniority will never end well.

Last edited:

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
:)

To sum up my post: new people must be inferior to those above them.
Always ask for help or make sure to leave room for improvement, if you don't then the people who are "in charge" of you, will not like you.
IMG_1131.GIF

J92

Never.
Don't you worry @J92 I am a team player.
If you're working on Friday, you'll see me playing disc golf while sorting the smalls.
In your honor, Flyin' those frisbees all over the world.

I don't think you caught the hidden message. You said "new people must be inferior to those above them. Always ask for help or make sure to leave room for improvement, if you don't then the people who are "in charge" of you, will not like you." so me being inferior to you means you will like me :upssmiley:

AsweetGirl

I don't think you caught the hidden message. You said "new people must be inferior to those above them. Always ask for help or make sure to leave room for improvement, if you don't then the people who are "in charge" of you, will not like you." so me being inferior to you means you will like me :upssmiley:

Yes, I understood that.
I have no seniority and I am not in charge of anyone.
I just started working here two weeks ago.

I thought perhaps you were one of my sups, being sarcastic.
So I said I would go out of the way (taking one for the team) and purposely do stuff wrong (suck at my job) example: by throwing envelopes like paper airplanes or frisbees... just to make myself (an awesome employee) an inferior employee to you (a not so awesome employee who is in charge of me).

But since you're not my boss, and I'll never be your boss. It doesn't matter.
We're at the same awesome level dude.