Brownnie

I know this has been brought up before (just can't seem to find it atm) so I apologize.
When getting hired, which months are considered seasonal?

Turkleton

There's always women at the pool, baby!
I know this has been brought up before (just can't seem to find it atm) so I apologize.
When getting hired, which months are considered seasonal?

If memory serves, I believe it's around October that Small Package starts looking to staff up for peak.

Brownnie

If memory serves, I believe it's around October that Small Package starts looking to staff up for peak.
Great Thanks!.

Another newbie question.
I recently started working as a package handler, last year I was a driver helper during the holiday peak. Does my time as helper can count towards anything?
At my hub there seems to be a lot of animosity between the union guys and management so I'm trying to figure out things slowly. The union rep fella had a small chat with me and told me that nothing is guarantee during the first 30 days. I did around 30 days as a helper so that's why I'm asking. Thanks!

The Iron Wolf

Hey guys, I'm new to the UPS family and this forum. I was just hired as a preloader and have my first shift early tomorrow morning. Going into this, I am feeling very anxious and having lots of self-doubt. I agreed to take the job since the hourly pay was the best I had ever gotten at any job so far and the prospect of benefits after a year of work made the job more appealing. On top of that, I really need money.

I have no prior experience in blue collar work and am worried I won't be able to handle the work. Before this, I worked at a video game store and the library at my local community college. However, I dropped out of college and have no intention of going back (at least in the near future) so the need to do something productive drove me to accept this job. Is there anything I should know going into my first day and even first week that will be beneficial to me on the job? Thanks in advance!

km3

Hey guys, I'm new to the UPS family and this forum. I was just hired as a preloader and have my first shift early tomorrow morning. Going into this, I am feeling very anxious and having lots of self-doubt. I agreed to take the job since the hourly pay was the best I had ever gotten at any job so far and the prospect of benefits after a year of work made the job more appealing. On top of that, I really need money.

I have no prior experience in blue collar work and am worried I won't be able to handle the work. Before this, I worked at a video game store and the library at my local community college. However, I dropped out of college and have no intention of going back (at least in the near future) so the need to do something productive drove me to accept this job. Is there anything I should know going into my first day and even first week that will be beneficial to me on the job? Thanks in advance!

You'll probably want to quit every day for the first few weeks. Being yelled at by supervisors isn't going to help the matter. Just smile and keep doing your job, and you'll be fine. They don't disqualify people in probation anymore. They're too desperate. They'll take anyone who keeps showing up.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Dead man walkin'.

You'll probably want to quit every day for the first few weeks. Being yelled at by supervisors isn't going to help the matter. Just smile and keep doing your job, and you'll be fine.

I wanted to quit virtually every day for 32 years...lol. The yelling stops pretty quick if you don't respond to it. Like he says, smile and keep on keepin' on. It will most likely make you regret dropping out of school. I know I did. Took me til about year 20 to start the regret, but by then, you're too far in!

Good luck!

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Be on time. The more work you do correctly...the more work supervisors will put on you...no rewards for going above and beyond. Work at a safe and comfortable pace.

old levi's

blank space

Grab something, and hang on!

Hello this is my first post here. Don't know too much about the business all though I did work as a driver's helper a couple of years ago. I do have some questions I've been reading this forum a bit. How come starting rate for preload is 11 dollars while I read somewhere else that it was 13 dollars . What's a top rate for a driver that's where I want to be eventually. I'm still nervous I went on the interview today and HR rep said come tomorrow morning at 515 for a tour. I hope that's a good sign. Thanks.