Rabbit

I worked inside for 8 months but now im in my 3 week of driving.i drive tue - fri. I was told i could still work inside on mondays not sat because of the 10hr rest rule. Then i was told as of the last contract drivers cant work inside. Would anyone know the rules on this and if it would be a national or local rule.

Rabbit

Hello this is my first post here. Don't know too much about the business all though I did work as a driver's helper a couple of years ago. I do have some questions I've been reading this forum a bit. How come starting rate for preload is 11 dollars while I read somewhere else that it was 13 dollars . What's a top rate for a driver that's where I want to be eventually. I'm still nervous I went on the interview today and HR rep said come tomorrow morning at 515 for a tour. I hope that's a good sign. Thanks.
Here technically preload is 11 but with the new contract their working on its supposed to goto 13. Driving i beleive is 34.50 and is supposed to go up

ravic

I just wanna share something.
I was having a bad day, just personal stuff. And this morning at work, those misloads just drove crazy (I am a preloader - new hire). Whenever I arrange packages in other to load to the trucks, then booffff ! Misloads boy, you better bring those packages back to the right one ( I am assigned 4 trucks), and that made me slow down dramatically, I hate that ! I was a bit pissed and just pushed some packages in a very aggressive way.I am a new hire so I admit I got overwhelmed totally! Too bad, the manager saw that.
He end up called my to stay after work and asked nicely if I am ok... I felt bad about that, I said sorry and explained. Should not have brought that attitude.
I wonder If it affects evaluation month, since this is just my 2nd week. I guess it depends on the manager if he wants still to keep me around or not.

Special UPS Operator

Hi guys I already have my CDL with all endorsements. I am hired as a pt package handler. The lady in hr told me once you start you will have to fill out a driver intention form/intent to drive form.

What is the difference between this form and a bid list. Which one is quicker??

Also I am going to be working in Addison, IL facility so if any of you work there already hmu.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Hi guys I already have my CDL with all endorsements. I am hired as a pt package handler. The lady in hr told me once you start you will have to fill out a driver intention form/intent to drive form.

What is the difference between this form and a bid list. Which one is quicker??

Also I am going to be working in Addison, IL facility so if any of you work there already hmu.
Seniority rules. You could go driving soon, or you could have to wait 10+ years. All depends on your center/hub. Just sign all bids you see just in case.

Special UPS Operator

I tried to ask my trainer where bid lists are posted. She said u have 0 say and kinda blew me off.

At this point I am not sure if the driver intwnt form is sufficient or if I have to sign bids in conjunction with the intent form.

Also some guys I talked to on my first day were like go to upsers.com it shows all job openings.
Seniority rules. You could go driving soon, or you could have to wait 10+ years. All depends on your center/hub. Just sign all bids you see just in case.

Brownnie

So, when do your first 30 days start to be able to join the union? I mean, are these 30 working days or 30 days from the day you were hired?
Thanks for any input.

Special UPS Operator

Guys please help.
The HR dept in my hub is considering me for feeders my question is what is the hourly pay rate for a fresh new feeder briver.

Please help me.
I worked inside for 8 months but now im in my 3 week of driving.i drive tue - fri. I was told i could still work inside on mondays not sat because of the 10hr rest rule. Then i was told as of the last contract drivers cant work inside. Would anyone know the rules on this and if it would be a national or local rule.

What was your starting rate for feeders???

Buckeyes

New here new to UPS i start Monday! Read some forms but have a list of questions that I'm unsure about.

1. Can i get OT Saturdays & Sundays?
2. Do they still offer a discount on buying stock 5%?
3. Its September busy season is coming up. When i went for the interview walk through i swear the lady said were seasonal... Got a call that says i was hired the man said I'm permanent. When i check the website it just says Part-time nothing Seasonal?
4. How long till I'm apart of the union? The reason I ask is I've heard a lot of stories on here that they like to send people home early but you're guaranteed 3.5 hours. I don't want to be making waves early on, so is it just suck it up and go home or complain but the have a target on my back?

llamainmypocket

You have to have seniority before you get your 3.5 guarantee. The length of It varies from a area to area.

I think you're too early to be seasonal. Not sure though.

They do offer a discount to the stock but you'd be better off in investing in something else. Maybe a nice small cap stock.

Extra work, if available is offered by seniority. Not all buildings have work on Saturday.

llamainmypocket

Usually 30 working days

This is the western supplement. Yours may be different.

A new part-time employee shall attain seniority when he/she has
worked seventy (70) days within a six (6) consecutive month peri-
od. Prior to attaining seniority, as defined in this Section, the
employee shall be considered a probationary employee and may be
discharged without such discharge being subject to the grievance
procedure. However, the Employer shall not discharge or otherwise
discipline a probationary employee for purposes of evading the
terms of this provision or to discriminate against Union members.
Upon completion of the probationary period, the employee shall be
given a seniority date as of his/her first day worked within such six
(6) month period.

This is the western supplement. Yours may be different.

A new part-time employee shall attain seniority when he/she has
worked seventy (70) days within a six (6) consecutive month peri-
od. Prior to attaining seniority, as defined in this Section, the
employee shall be considered a probationary employee and may be
discharged without such discharge being subject to the grievance
procedure. However, the Employer shall not discharge or otherwise
discipline a probationary employee for purposes of evading the
terms of this provision or to discriminate against Union members.
Upon completion of the probationary period, the employee shall be
given a seniority date as of his/her first day worked within such six
(6) month period.
Looks like you have to work 70