BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Great info manThanks a bunch, @Gumby Can you tell me how OT works at UPS?
F048F7FC-76A3-4028-99FD-9A6653D556CA.gif

Brownnie

So my time has come where I can be part of the union. I have heard somewhere that when joining and later on if quitting the brown but keeping the union (paying fees) I can get a job in a different company with a union partner. Is there any truth to this? Which are these other companies that they may be talking about?

WTFm8

Time and a half after 8 hours. You definitely won't get any overtime going to school
Great info manThanks a bunch, @Gumby Can you tell me how OT works at UPS?

I got $16.10/hr when I went to driver school at Harrisburg Pa as an off-street street hire in October 2017. I also got $24.15/hr OT as classes ran long. Had 46hrs of class in a 5 day week (M-friend).

We were told to keep our receipts and submit to HR for reimbursement. Ate breakfast at the hotel, packed or ran out for 1hr lunch. Ate out or made cold cut sandwich in hotel for dinner.

WTFm8

So basically OT @UPS is $28.12 Hr? Anything after 40 per week correct? Thanks in advance.

Right and wrong. OT is daily over 8 hours as a driver, at least here.

Work 10 hours 1 day and no other days, check shows 8hrs reg time and 2hrs OT.

Then anything after 40hs for the week is OT.

6th work day in a week is OT also even without 40 hours.

mythical

The one who does not exists
Question, when does your 30 days start? My first week was Intergrad.. The first day you on payroll or first day you physically start working?

Sugar D

I am going to try to compile a faq page for all new hires.

New UPSers, feel free to post your questions here in this thread if you haven't found your answer elsewhere.

1. So as a new package driver and out of my packet now, my contract impact statement still has my old part time jobs (pick off) numbers and wages. Wondering what new full time drivers pay scale will be and is too pay 3 years or 4 years

2. Since I just got out of my packet last week and now have seniority, is it 30 days or 60 days before insurance kicks in? Do they send me a packet in the mail or do I go online to submit my information

I’ll take any other information about what drivers benefits are and what to expect now that I reached seniority

MyPantsAreBrown

For drivers: Stay hydrated. Get organized. Always keep your next few stops set up and ready to go on the shelf. Set up the bulk stops at the back on the floor so you can push them right out onto your cart at the stop. Keep your air deliveries, ground deliveries, air pickups, and ground pickups segregated. if you can, concentrate on businesses earlier in the day until you become accustomed to your route. You can always come back for residentials. Get a good flashlight or spotlight for finding house numbers in the dark and so you can see where you're walking. Take note of where you should be along the route at certain times of day to keep things running smooth. When in doubt, call for an air recovery, it's not worth getting back to the building with your air pickups late. Don't deliver late air, don't have missed pieces, don't have accidents or injuries, and follow the methods. As long as you do those four there's not much they can do to you.

For belt workers: Stay hydrated. You will be sore for the first couple weeks but your muscles will get used to it. Work as quick as you can but don't overexert yourself. You have nothing to prove; get help lifting heavier stuff. Make a game out of it: have races, tell jokes, or play jenga; it makes the time go much faster and more enjoyable.
what are the methods?

SeasonalDesertTrooper

My whole class was off the street except for 2-3. We all had our rooms at Ramada paid for along with $30 per day on food. We will receive food reimbursements in 4-5 wks, along with our Mileage to State Hub where training took place and back to our center where we will be working out of. Classroom pay the following friday after training at our local center.