Rabbit

Hey Guys I started at UPS in october in the building in Buffalo. I was on the slide then became a loader. I enjoy it and am good at it loading 4 trucks and 1200-1500 packages. They asked me to be a supervisor and I turned them down. If I want to make this a career should I look into becoming a driver or can package handlers make decent money?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
8B0C3F35-645E-4C80-9392-6B746079B33C.jpeg
What's a feeder

Here’s an example in its natural habitat

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
What's a feeder

Tractor - Trailer. Driving without the stress of package car adventures.

However you may like that, your question was about money so becoming a driver is the way to go regardless of which route.

This is all assuming you don’t have that business management degree or happen to be an experienced CEO

jlynnp0770

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer anywhere on this site or on UPSers, so I'm going to ask here: What are the differences in pay grades W-2 and W-3 and was does the job grade 10D entail? I am a W-2 right now, but my sup told me I could be at W-3 soon with my new role. And I am looking at applying internally for an engineering job that is listed as job grade 10D.
Can anyone help me with some useful information?

Thanks in advance.

How do you know what pay grade you are? I don't see it on my pay stub.

jlynnp0770

Can anyone tell me how to get hazmat certification? I’m preload and I heard it paid more to be hazmat clean up.

My supervisor just asked if I wanted to learn it and then I was approached by the trainer to get paperwork and things done. I was not told about more pay, but they would have to keep me from beginning to end of preload shift (a smaller center). I had to get a hazmat qualifying physical and now I am waiting on a date for a 5 day class.

I notice the only full time (non seasonal) courier job on the Fed Ex career page in Illinois is downtown Chicago. I gotta imagine that route is a mind :censored2:, if there are positions open. Anyone drive a city route before? Whats it like?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
As loaders are we supposed to listen to our sups or drivers? The sups aren't going to be delivering.

When the sup tells you to do something, as long as it is safe and doesn't violate the contract or any laws, do it. When the driver shows up, tell him or her that the sup instructed you to load it that way, and have the driver work it out with the sup. I have no problem standing up for my loaders or explaining reality to a part time supervisor. I think I've been at least partially responsible for several pt sups deciding that this isn't the job for them.