Yolo

Hey, Im new to UPS and work P/T 4 hours a day. Why am i being charged for Union and Init fees on my 1st pay? also can I not opt out of the union fee stuff? I dont get much as it is and the fact Im losing 66 on fees as well as taxes, Its breaking me as how the heck am I meant to live off 180 lol

I'm sure nobody at UPS told you but be prepared to go from 4 hours a day to switch to 9 hours a day. That 5am start time is going to be a 11:30pm start time.

And they will probably let you stay after the season is over if you have good attendance and don't suck. If you want. That's not guaranteed though.

MP lady

my 20 yr old son was hired as a drivers helper- today he was sexually harassed by the driver. he was loving his job, but no longer. he was trapped on the truck until he could get dropped back off at his car. he left a message with the supervisor who calls him. he is extremely upset. he is quitting. how does he get in touch with HR? he is willing to file a police report. i want the driver reported. any advice would be appreciated.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
my 20 yr old son was hired as a drivers helper- today he was sexually harassed by the driver. he was loving his job, but no longer. he was trapped on the truck until he could get dropped back off at his car. he left a message with the supervisor who calls him. he is extremely upset. he is quitting. how does he get in touch with HR? he is willing to file a police report. i want the driver reported. any advice would be appreciated.
Was it a male or female driver? Did he go by the nickname Gumby?

Hrothgar

Hey all, been working preload now for five months. got a couple questions...

Is it normal to speed up the belt some days more than others? I'm talking just a few inches per second faster? Sup says it's always the same speed, but I know it's not. I've made marks and timed it. My cars get overloaded with envelopes and smalls and when the belt is faster I have to stack them out more than usual, and then she comes around and hassles me for it. I'm not the only one who has things stacked...

Related to that, who chooses which cars you are assigned to on the belt? Belt Sup? Preload manager? I get way more smalls than anyone else, and want to know who I pissed off.

Also, why do they not provide any training for the scanners? Something screwed up the other day, I had to resort to stacking out cause the sup was no where to be found.

Does any other jobs go by seniority? I.e belt sorting? We have a sup that plays favorites, and today she put a girl that started after a few of us on sorting at the top of the belt without asking anyone else if they were interested. Just wondering on the rules there. Thanks for any help.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey all, been working preload now for five months. got a couple questions...

Is it normal to speed up the belt some days more than others? I'm talking just a few inches per second faster? Sup says it's always the same speed, but I know it's not. I've made marks and timed it. My cars get overloaded with envelopes and smalls and when the belt is faster I have to stack them out more than usual, and then she comes around and hassles me for it. I'm not the only one who has things stacked...

Related to that, who chooses which cars you are assigned to on the belt? Belt Sup? Preload manager? I get way more smalls than anyone else, and want to know who I pissed off.

Also, why do they not provide any training for the scanners? Something screwed up the other day, I had to resort to stacking out cause the sup was no where to be found.

Does any other jobs go by seniority? I.e belt sorting? We have a sup that plays favorites, and today she put a girl that started after a few of us on sorting at the top of the belt without asking anyone else if they were interested. Just wondering on the rules there. Thanks for any help.
You’ve been here 5 months keep your head down and work as directed

polarbear

Hi guys! I did my road test yesterday and I passed! I got my Dot today and I didn’t received nothing anymore from ups. Should I call ? Should I just be waiting ?

They contact my references ?

They said I have to drive with a supervisors after my training, so what expect ? I have for real remember word by word about 5’s and 10’s?

Thanks

542thruNthru

Hi guys! I did my road test yesterday and I passed! I got my Dot today and I didn’t received nothing anymore from ups. Should I call ? Should I just be waiting ?

They contact my references ?

They said I have to drive with a supervisors after my training, so what expect ? I have for real remember word by word about 5’s and 10’s?

Thanks
Yep, memorize your 5s and 10s. They will call you when they are ready but it doesn't hurt to remind them that you're ready.