Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Anyone else get the helper phones that they is as diads? Haha what a joke these things are...

Management "these phones are way easier to use"

Then they password protected the phones so they have to enter every time they open the phone.

The batteries die half way through the day.

They don't pull stops out if your board when they scan something with the phone.

Do not hit the side button and you avoid having to reenter password. Stops do come out of your board. Once the phone looses cell reception (0 bars) its done for the day as the helper can not get logged back in. Had the "employee not scheduled to work" message one day and was useless.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Got one of these bricks last week for an on car helper. I handed it to him and said “Do you know how to work this”, he says “Nope”. It sat on the 1000 shelf the rest of the day.

mrbrownstone

Other than the fact that these phones don't have a laser to scan packages as fast as our diads, I'm pretty impressed. There's a ton of information available on these phones including a map of every stop, just like on the ORION computers.

I hope that UPS figures out a way to put something like this in my hand as a driver that operates a little faster.

My helper picked has been able to utilize it pretty well.

I guess if you are tech illiterate though it would be a struggle possibly.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Anyone else get the helper phones that they is as diads? Haha what a joke these things are...

First thing you need to do is have them create a upers account online. Takes forever. And doesn't work half the time.

Then they password protected the phones so they have to enter every time they open the phone.

They don't pull stops out if your board when they scan something with the phone.

Seeing the old guys with these things is priceless

I'll stick to (timecard) (helptime) (done).....how are these phones simpler? They could have saved money on the phones and just hired some more drivers. I would love to meet the dip:censored2: who came up with this idea.
I have been given a phone everyday and have not been able to scan a package yet I just bring it back and plug it up I just give them my helper sheet Give me a Diad 3 please

YUOVER95

When they first introduced the cell phone one driver asked “How do you get EDD on this thing?” Because our DIAD V batteries are going to crap guessing he was going to be able to use it as a second board. Supervisor said you don’t get EDD just scan packages. Would have been more productive just lighting the money on fire then spend it on these useless phones for helpers.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Anyone been successful with these things? They are starting to bust balls about getting stops in it here. I’ve been taking mine for a ride, looks like tomorrow we will have to slow down even more and try to figure this thing out.

tourists24

Anyone been successful with these things? They are starting to bust balls about getting stops in it here. I’ve been taking mine for a ride, looks like tomorrow we will have to slow down even more and try to figure this thing out.
tell em they arent working. They haven't trained us on em. Dont know how to use them lol. Suspend me now.... take your pick

Rack em

Made the Podium
I hate management even more this time of year. Who the :censored2: cares what packages get scanned in what board or phone?!?! The job gets done and that's all these stupid :censored2:s need to worry about.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member

First thing you need to do is have them create a upers account online. Takes forever. And doesn't work half the time.

Seeing the old guys with these things is priceless

I'll stick to (timecard) (helptime) (done).....how are these phones simpler? They could have saved money on the phones and just hired some more drivers. I would love to meet the dip:censored2: who came up with this idea.
I think the phone is easier. Way less buttons to press. You don’t have to scan. If you have the full manifest, just double tap the stop address, pkg(s) are listed, tap listed pkg(s) to release or get a sig. I know I know, I’m a heretic. Still tho ‍♂️