542thruNthru

Except that driver won't have to deliver either. If that driver wants the work, and assuming he/she still has more stops, and assuming a 9 am start time, there's a good chance they won't get done in 14 hours.

This is true but they always have OT loving runners in every center. Even if he has more stops left and only can get 10 of mine done. They would rather have 10 missed instead of 20 missed.

I mainly bring it up because it's just a way to punish you and still keep you out late. Trying to make you just finish the stops instead of dealing with the run around.

Ghost in the Darkness

Its safety, it shouldn't have to be bargained. If you've ever driven in the dark with these trucks you know you can't see crap. For those of us who have bid routes, atleast you know where your stop is and where you can and can't go. These younger drivers don't, that makes it even more dangerous.

The company has no concern about getting us out to deliver utilizing the most daylight thats why we start so late. I don't either so I take my lunch in the middle of the day, peak or not.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is a good proposal in addition to 9.5 protection (8 P.M. would be MUCH better). But without 9.5 protection I would be punching out at 9:50-10:00 P.M. everyday with the curfew, considering the drive in and checkout. In practice this only cuts an hour off of daily peak hours, and really no impact the rest of the year.
This is a big :censored2:ing deal!

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
They’ve done this numerous times here already...we are instructed in the morning to not work more than 12 hours. 12 hours rolls around and we are asked if we can finish in 13. In by 9 ain’t gonna happen.

Dr.Brownz

This is a good proposal in addition to 9.5 protection (8 P.M. would be MUCH better). But without 9.5 protection I would be punching out at 9:50-10:00 P.M. everyday with the curfew, considering the drive in and checkout. In practice this only cuts an hour off of daily peak hours, and really no impact the rest of the year.

If we can't have both, I would take the new everyday 9.5 protection language over the 9 P.M. curfew. Peak would still be 10-11 P.M., but the other 10 months would be awesome with no 9.5s worked.

My center already has everyone under 9.5 except the few who want tons of hours. You guys just have a weak union.

1107548.png

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This is true but they always have OT loving runners in every center. Even if he has more stops left and only can get 10 of mine done. They would rather have 10 missed instead of 20 missed.

I mainly bring it up because it's just a way to punish you and still keep you out late. Trying to make you just finish the stops instead of dealing with the run around.

But that'll stop pretty quick when they realize their overallowed is through roof, they have their bonuses to think about. You just gotta play the game for a while.

Blackadder 2

Am I the only one who caught this proposal? In section 25 they’re asking the company to call back all drivers by 9pm and no one can be disciplined for missed pieces. EVEN in peak!

Could this be the section that causes the strike?

Or are they trolling?
Really we shouldn't ever be out past 8 pm. There is no reason on gods green earth that we should be knocking on doors at 8. Do you want someone coming to your home at 830 in the dark.

govols019

You smell that?
It is what it says it is. Although it is only a proposal. May not, probably will not, make it to the contract.

The Union is asking that no drivers work over 9.5, period. The existing contract enforces 9.5 if you work over 9.5 for 3 days. The proposal eliminates the 3 day requirement.

Anyone opting out will receive $1/hr more. This proposal is for all hours worked.

Your pay rate will be $1 more, but be prepared to work 11 or 12 hours per day, with no recourse.

Would feeder drivers have the $1 bump in pay since we have no 9.5 protection?

upsgrunt

Who wants to bet a dollar nothing changes.
Here's your raise; the same amount you get EVERY contract; see you in 5 years.
Then we'll hear "We fought hard for this contract"
Meet the new boss; same as the old boss.

W

What The Hawk?

If anyone works past 9, there should have been more routes put in. I don’t find the request absurd.

We had delivery drivers punching out at 11pm during peak.
That's absolutely ridiculous and unsafe. I feel bad for the families of drivers as well as the driver.