purehavanne

I think we’ve been kinda institutionalized by working late so often. We forget that the average work day is 9-5 or 8 hours. After a while you start to think that punching out at 10:30 is normal. It’s not...

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If you take a preloader that works 4 and a driver that works 12 they average 8 but that's not exactly a great way to look at it.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics did not combine part time and full time to get the average.

I would agree that most people probably get off work between 4-6 pm but many of those people start at 6-7 am.

Nope. The stats say start at 8-9 am.

But, in essence, your point is somewhat valid.

The average now is more like 8-5 instead of 9-5.

Dr.Brownz

I think we’ve been kinda institutionalized by working late so often. We forget that the average work day is 9-5 or 8 hours. After a while you start to think that punching out at 10:30 is normal. It’s not...

Im telling you guys your local unions are weak if you are not filing and winning EVERY 9.5 violation. Again everyone here is under 9.5 except a few guys who want more OT. Im sitting here waiting for my last pickup and im not even at 8 hours yet, drive back to center and it will be a perfect 8.9 hour day

Nj187

I would agree that most people probably get off work between 4-6 pm but many of those people start at 6-7 am.
Most govt jobs are 8 hours in jersey. I had one. Worked 8 hours. Got paid lunch break but because couldn’t leave building, had to be available is something happened. My girl works for govt. she’s technically 35 hours a week. Mon-fri 830-430. No paid break. Most private sector friends are 8 in a half hour days. Half hour no paid lunch. Anywhere from 8-430 to 9-530. And obv retail, is all over the place. But usually an 8 in half hour day if fulltime with half hour lunch not paid. What it comes down to. With UPS. You never know when your punch out time is.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Most govt jobs are 8 hours in jersey. I had one. Worked 8 hours. Got paid lunch break but because couldn’t leave building, had to be available is something happened. My girl works for govt. she’s technically 35 hours a week. Mon-fri 830-430. No paid break. Most private sector friends are 8 in a half hour days. Half hour no paid lunch. Anywhere from 8-430 to 9-530. And obv retail, is all over the place. But usually an 8 in half hour day if fulltime with half hour lunch not paid. What it comes down to. With UPS. You never know when your punch out time is.
I don't consider a government job an average job.