Over 70

I'm a reg temp driver and didn't work today so I'm sitting here sipping some coffee looking out my front picture window and up pulls the FT bid driver to deliver across the street.

-pops bulkhead door
-grabs small pkg off dash
-jumps out drivers side door into traffic side leaving bulkhead door open I'm assuming to make it seem like he went back to get it.
-jogs back and forth to house
-closes bulkhead door and leaves

WTF? I guess when he gets hurt it will be more work days for me. lol

Over 70

My methods are solid and my times are respectable. I don't get the need to do that stuff. Especially a FT bid driver!

I'm glad I've followed the advice of many on here from the start and set my baseline doing things right.

Ghost in the Darkness

We have a union steward who won't take his lunch in the middle of the day because he says he can't get his businesses off. Great example to set. We give UPS 9.5hrs +/- everyday, our meal and break periods are our time.

WorknLateHuh

That was me. I want to get done as fast as possible. I dont care how much work they keep giving me.

Also if i show mgt im a ups prodigy they will always have my corner and never throw me under the bus.

Over 70

Maybe he popped the door outta habit? What's wrong with going out the driver's side if you can do so safely?

Frankly it's kinda awkward if you ask me, and I mean he literally jumped out. I always go out the passenger side and focus on 3 pts of contact and a soft landing. Starting in my 30's I gotta work smart if it's going to continue into my 60's.

Over 70

To clarify, I drive truck all over town on the side and I see this guy running all over the place. I mean literally running. I've shuttled air to him before and he seems like an anxious wreck. Really nice guy though. Sad.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Frankly it's kinda awkward if you ask me, and I mean he literally jumped out. I always go out the passenger side and focus on 3 pts of contact and a soft landing. Starting in my 30's I gotta work smart if it's going to continue into my 60's.
Well yeah, jumping is retarded. All it takes is one bad landing and you and your family is effed. And yes, ALWAYS,100%, nomadder what grab that handrail (or handle). Personally, I like the driver door (if I can use it safely) saves me a few steps.

Over 70

Well yeah, jumping is retarded. All it takes is one bad landing and you and your family is effed. And yes, ALWAYS,100%, nomadder what grab that handrail (or handle). Personally, I like the driver door (if I can use it safely) saves me a few steps.

I can definitely see getting back in empty handed on the drivers side too to save some steps

Faceplanted

I leave my bulk head door open at every resi stop until I retun to the package car. Living in fl with 100+ hear index half the year, you learn that simple things such as leaving the door open for those 30 seconds or parking in the shade can make a measurable difference in how hot it gets back there.

Over 70

I leave my bulk head door open at every resi stop until I retun to the package car. Living in fl with 100+ hear index half the year, you learn that simple things such as leaving the door open for those 30 seconds or parking in the shade can make a measurable difference in how hot it gets back there.

Well we're not in Florida and you could put a light jacket on today :)

ikoi62

ahh the old days of driving..leave the building bulkhead door closed..1st stop opened it..last stop closed it to go back to the building. parking on either side of the street in front of the house. never a runner or gunner..its the way i was taught.. :)

Over 70

I get that but it :censored2:s the union and guys who want to follow the contract. It undermines it all. The company follows their end and then some, the employees who are runner gunners just give it away.