JL 0513

I understand what you guys think about runners. We do lose money.
But honestly.... i get a nice paycheck
And i made alot of money last year...

Cant buy time....

I'd say you probably give the company an hour a day. That's $13,500 a year you're handing over to a multi-billion dollar company. That alone invested each year would make you a millionaire by retirement. Is that extra 1 hour TV show you watch each night worth a million dollars?

But this is a much bigger issue than money. What you do is set an artificial standard and continue to make the job harder for those of us doing it right. "Hey JL0513, StoptheAct does 150 stops on this route in 8.5 hrs, it takes you 10, what's going on out there?" And why run to get home early when they're just going to add on to your route over time?

Oak

Call me what you will but at least I will have the sense to move on when I retire.
"If" you're able to retire because you weren't hit by a car exiting the driver's door. My on car tried to get me to do that. Told him I was trained to NEVER exit the driver's door and I would begin "if" he could show me that method in writing. Still waiting.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Frankly it's kinda awkward if you ask me, and I mean he literally jumped out. I always go out the passenger side and focus on 3 pts of contact and a soft landing. Starting in my 30's I gotta work smart if it's going to continue into my 60's.

At my building a few of the runner gunner bonus babies actually have handicap parking placards. If I'm walking out when they are parking it takes everything I have to keep my mouth shut.

The crazy thing is they all get to work early to sort/load their own trucks so they would already have a decent parking spot. If I would pull a stunt like that my 80 year old father would still try to beat my ass.

StoptheAct1212

We work too hard to donate money back to a company who profits in the billions off our sweat and blood. You like running, they will keep demanding more and more. Don't cheat yourself.... its amazing to me that I have to tell fellow employees that.
See i hate ignorant ass people like you... ... we donate money.... gtfoh.... we get a check,we get health insurance. We get a pension. We get vacation days. Alot if u think about it... and whats our overtime rate...?? I cant stand ignorant people...

Over 70

It's not ignorant, it's math.

IMG_1194.GIF

It's facts. You clearly don't care. No need to get butthurt. 13k is worth it to you, others think you're an idiot. It is what it is.

The company could take your same argument and flip it around with enough people with your attitude.

"Hey we're gonna pay you 13k less a year, cut vacation, and have you pay a little of your healthcare. You're still compensated really well! You guys don't seem to mind!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'd say you probably give the company an hour a day. That's $13,500 a year you're handing over to a multi-billion dollar company. That alone invested each year would make you a millionaire by retirement. Is that extra 1 hour TV show you watch each night worth a million dollars?

But this is a much bigger issue than money. What you do is set an artificial standard and continue to make the job harder for those of us doing it right. "Hey JL0513, StoptheAct does 150 stops on this route in 8.5 hrs, it takes you 10, what's going on out there?" And why run to get home early when they're just going to add on to your route over time?

Who is it to say that he is not "doing the job right"?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Call me what you will but at least I will have the sense to move on when I retire.

15 years removed and you are still talking shop-----that is the textbook definition of pathetic.
I thought the textbook definition of pathetic was someone who spends every moment that he is not at UPS talking about UPS on the internet. Almost 70,000 times. Guess you can't say it's none of my business this time Skippy. Lol.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

15 years removed and you are still talking shop-----that is the textbook definition of pathetic.
I believe the opposite...current workers at ups leaving at end of day and then going to browncafe to continue talking ups bull:censored2:. As a recent retiree I find it therapeutic to remind me of the bs I never have to deal with again.