Whitelightning1534

It's pink and clearly says that it's a new member form I honestly wouldn't bother becoming a member the union doesn't really do what it says it will at the end of the day

Last edited by a moderator:

Popcorn1

Look for other work. Where I was it died after peak. 10-15 drivers laid off. There is no way anyone can survive on a couple days a week if any days period. I learned there's no guarantees when you'll work. If you can afford to be unemployed and pick up side jobs then go for it. If you have a family, mortgage, etc start looking for other full time employment. Best of luck
Truly enjoying waiting(sarcastic)does UPS need people for package handlers or not! 2 weeks later... starting to think they don’t hire! UPS HR “we will call you in a week” They just like to interview and take on a tour and tell you they need people.....? I call bull:censored2:❤️

Last edited:

Popcorn1

Decided to change to my application interview appointment from night shift after not getting called back after interview and tour to twilight shift. I went on a twilight tour and interview and was asked to do background check this time? I hope that is a good sign that I’m one step closer to being hired. Then again, ups likes to interview and tour and not hire...

Jstpeachy

Decided to change to my application interview appointment from night shift after not getting called back after interview and tour to twilight shift. I went on a twilight tour and interview and was asked to do background check this time? I hope that is a good sign that I’m one step closer to being hired. Then again, ups likes to interview and tour and not hire...

I applied in early March, no call til April, did interview and tour and didn’t start til May. For an understaffed building they seem to take their time for sure. Good luck!

Popcorn1

I applied in early March, no call til April, did interview and tour and didn’t start til May. For an understaffed building they seem to take their time for sure. Good luck!
thanks

D

Deleted member 77202

Was recently talking to a newly-hired pre-loader employee, and he told me that he completed his interview/tour/W-2 paperwork, etc. on May 6, 2019, and the Human Resources person said to him, "Expect an early-morning phone call from your Supervisor asking you to come into work -- within the next few days or so," and his very first day of work was actually June 20, 2019.

It took almost six weeks of him waking up & semi-getting-ready-for-work at around 3:00am-ish before he received his very first come-to-work phone call.

UPS makes the hiring process way more complicated than it needs to be, and potential and/or beginning employees get frustrated & burned out very quickly from all the confusing/vague/contradicting/half-truth information that they receive.

Kill your training route and pass your 30 days. After that dont hit anything and do enough to finish routes but dont try to hard or they'll congratulate you with more work. New drivers always mess up good routes because they finish them too early.