lolbr

I'm pretty sure the National Master has a section on training that says it's a $0.50 per hour premium, but it also states training a helper does not qualify for the extra pay.

You'd have to double check me on it though.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
The helper cell phones are actually pretty cool. IF you can get logged in, that is.

My main gripe is that they gave us ZERO training on how to use the thing. So we had to fumble around for like a half an hour wasting precious time. The hardest part is logging in the helper. If UPS had made sure every helper had a password for their UPSers.com account, this step would be a lot easier. If the helper doesn't have a password, DON'T set it up in the helper phone! Have them use their personal phone and log into UPSers.com and set it up that way. THEN log in on the helper phone. But with the amount of stops they give us plus the late starts it takes too damn long to do all of that.

Like others have said, you have to change some filters to make it easier to use. I find that switching from ODO to RDO and using sort by distance helps immensely. Plus usually I tell my helper which address we're going to next so they can have the stop/s already pulled up in the phone. Not needing to scan is the best part.

Some helpers pick it up fast and can actually stop complete a lot more than me. And others take so long to get it down that I end up doing 30 stops in their phone for them and then tossing it on the shelf.

vtcaldreamer

Anyone else get the helper phones that they is as diads? Haha what a joke these things are...

Management "these phones are way easier to use"

First thing you need to do is have them create a upers account online. Takes forever. And doesn't work half the time.

Then they password protected the phones so they have to enter every time they open the phone.

The batteries die half way through the day.

They don't pull stops out if your board when they scan something with the phone.

Seeing the old guys with these things is priceless

I'll stick to (timecard) (helptime) (done).....how are these phones simpler? They could have saved money on the phones and just hired some more drivers. I would love to meet the dip:censored2: who came up with this idea.

vtcaldreamer

I have to disagree on some of your points.because of the map in my diad dies every night around 6 o'clock so I take one with me. something like this will be your diad in the future.

vtcaldreamer

The only reason a helper ever needs a DIAD is to fend off a dog. Most helpers are boarder line retarded and can't comprehend how to use one. It's just as fast to scan the three bags and toss them to your helper so he can run them while you look for the next stop. Scanning takes 5 seconds at most.

This company wastes so much money

Managements philosophy on golf cart drivers.....let's pay 4 guys 8 hour days to deliver a total of 200 stops and rent someone's garage and golf carts instead of being one package car driver...

This isn't complicated. We don't need new software or diads or loading technique....we needs more boots on the ground. If you have a :censored2: ton of packages you need more people. Plain and simple.
problem with New England as those boots are really hard to find

specter208

Anyone? This is pertinant information! The only reason I would use these phones!
The first couple phones I used at the end of October had the RDO toggle and sort by distance function. The phones I've used since beggining of November no longer have those options available. It could simply be that some phones have older/newer versions of the ups app that don't have RDO available. Or it could be UPS tied up a loose end.

BrownGuy

The first couple phones I used at the end of October had the RDO toggle and sort by distance function. The phones I've used since beggining of November no longer have those options available. It could simply be that some phones have older/newer versions of the ups app that don't have RDO available. Or it could be UPS tied up a loose end.

RDO is still there

Zowert

We used diad 4, which wasn't the best, but it worked. Why throw good money after crapola?

Not pulling the stops from diad 5 is a problem.

I guarantee, who ever ok'ed this plan never drove a package car.

Yeah it’s a pain in the ass. After I send my helper out with a cart full of packages and I pick him up, I’ll confirm he made the deliveries then go thru my board and “not found” all the stops just to get them out to save confusion later in the day.

Such a joke. There are plenty of DIADs at my center, enough to give one to every helper. But I think they use these phones to cut down on training time. Everyone being hired off the street as a helper is familiar with smart phones and quickly learn the app. DIAD could seem overly complicated to a lot of people picking it up for the first time.

specter208

Yeah it’s a pain in the ass. After I send my helper out with a cart full of packages and I pick him up, I’ll confirm he made the deliveries then go thru my board and “not found” all the stops just to get them out to save confusion later in the day.

Such a joke. There are plenty of DIADs at my center, enough to give one to every helper. But I think they use these phones to cut down on training time. Everyone being hired off the street as a helper is familiar with smart phones and quickly learn the app. DIAD could seem overly complicated to a lot of people picking it up for the first time.
Same thing here. Plenty of DIADs, yet won't let experienced helpers use them.

BrownGuy

Depends which phone you get. I've used a few phones lately that don't let me change anything.

RDO hasn't been removed and still works on all devices. It has moved though. Tap the three dots menu icon in the upper right hand side of the app, then tap filter, and then tap the gray circle between RDO and ODO which will slide it closer to RDO.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have to disagree on some of your points.because of the map in my diad dies every night around 6 o'clock so I take one with me. something like this will be your diad in the future.
This is exactly my situation.
I dont even have a helper, but I do most of my stops with the phone now while my DIAD just sits there and slowly dies.
Once you get used to the phone its actually not that bad.
If I did have a helper it would be a lot easier to teach them how to use the phone versus a DIAD.