at first I was against the cell phones but now I am totally for these helper cell phones... it's nice that UPS gave me a device to repower up my powerbank so I can continue listening to music and listen to my TV shows and movies while at work with my helper

wayfair

swollen member
The #1 reason helpers have a helper board is because drivers were too lazy to turn in the timecard sheets.

The second reason is for efficiency but even I just put the required stops in and shelved it.
I didn't sit there smoking a cig while the helper runs like a rabbit.

you haven't used the helper cell phone I see

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I sat for almost 30 minutes today because they INSTRUCTED me not to make another delivery until I could log onto the helper phone...my sup finally called me back and said they were having trouble with my helpers information so just go ahead and continue...I could have told them that.

movinwork

It's still an electronic version of a helper time card so the helper doesn't get screwed on payday. That's why they have to sign in with a UPSers account.

Trust me, I have no desire to see or use one.
I’d use it as a time-card replacement if it didn’t die so damn fast. It’s just a phone that’s constantly using location services via Verizon.

wayfair

swollen member
I'm assuming you're statement was to highlight my word "efficiency" lol

For that, I can't comment but I've seen on here that selecting packages with your finger without scanning has been the big upgrade with the phone.

I haven't figured out how to do that though... the stupid thing has the deliveries in ODO order and you can't put it in RDO

as far as the time cards go, the OMS in the evening just asks for start and finish time.

movinwork

I haven't figured out how to do that though... the stupid thing has the deliveries in ODO order and you can't put it in RDO

as far as the time cards go, the OMS in the evening just asks for start and finish time.
There is a “filter” button up top, looks like a funnel.. first option is a ODO/RDO slider.

Over disciplined0123

Anyone else get the helper phones that they is as diads? Haha what a joke these things are...

Management "these phones are way easier to use"

First thing you need to do is have them create a upers account online. Takes forever. And doesn't work half the time.

Then they password protected the phones so they have to enter every time they open the phone.

The batteries die half way through the day.

They don't pull stops out if your board when they scan something with the phone.

Seeing the old guys with these things is priceless

I'll stick to (timecard) (helptime) (done).....how are these phones simpler? They could have saved money on the phones and just hired some more drivers. I would love to meet the dip:censored2: who came up with this idea.
And also they do not work at night

lolbr

The #1 reason helpers have a helper board is because drivers were too lazy to turn in the timecard sheets.
Helpers were getting screwed out of hours in their paycheck and UPS had to find a smarter way to prove that they worked that day.
Well if they told the drivers to correctly put the helper hours in the driver board, you wouldn't need the timesheets or a second board/cellphone.

Though I still turned the sheets in just in case.

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
I don't like how it's another thing to hold/look at while I'm getting out the truck crossing the street making deliveries etc.... My old center let me use a Diad 5 and that was nice and smooth sailing

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Because you think people who show other people how to push a few buttons make 50-55 dollars an hour?
The contract has no language about drivers training helpers.
The contract doesn't require you to do it......so don't do it.

A trainer would be a separate classification.
It would require a lot more compensation

dudebro

The contract doesn't forbid it either. And you're qualified to do it. There was a "driver training driver" time card code. If you were around 35 years, how much was that code worth?