lolbr

Let's just say the Company probably wants to avoid paying for a custom solution specific to them, which costs $, they want to try to benefit from the economy of scale by buying a widely used device off the shelf.
Diad V's aren't very customized for UPS. They are basically just Honeywell CK75 scanners in a different shell.

Driver7906

They tried getting me to take a cell phone. I took a DIAD IV instead. Got too much on my mind at work this month to be learning to use another device. More unnecessary wasted money by the company.

Rack em

Made the Podium
They tried getting me to take a cell phone. I took a DIAD IV instead. Got too much on my mind at work this month to be learning to use another device. More unnecessary wasted money by the company.
I always wondered why they make us take a helper board when they know we won't use it. and IF it is used then it's still the driver doing the required stops in the board and not the helper. They just must like lying to themselves.

The Driver

I drive.
I always wondered why they make us take a helper board when they know we won't use it. and IF it is used then it's still the driver doing the required stops in the board and not the helper. They just must like lying to themselves.

They’re lying to their bosses who are lying to their bosses who are lying to their bosses. It’s lying all the way up.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Sure it does.

It gives me time to sort while the helper runs off the stop.

Most importantly, it saves our legs for the real :censored2: storm that is about to come in January and February.
Love this time of year I do not get out of the car unless it is a sign. req. My body feels so much better no matter how many stops

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If THEY trained the helpers to use the diads or pos phones it wouldn't be an issue. I don't have time to do management's job and mine.

Yeah you do.

My helper is dumb as a box of rocks and he is delivering to a medical office complex all on his own.

How would you like to just sit there and have someone hand you a package then point to a house?

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
They’re lying to their bosses who are lying to their bosses who are lying to their bosses. It’s lying all the way up.
Anyone else get the helper phones that they is as diads? Haha what a joke these things are...

Management "these phones are way easier to use"

First thing you need to do is have them create a upers account online. Takes forever. And doesn't work half the time.

Then they password protected the phones so they have to enter every time they open the phone.

The batteries die half way through the day.

They don't pull stops out if your board when they scan something with the phone.

Seeing the old guys with these things is priceless

I'll stick to (timecard) (helptime) (done).....how are these phones simpler? They could have saved money on the phones and just hired some more drivers. I would love to meet the dip:censored2: who came up with this idea.
I am one of those old guys and still have not put a stop in one of those things This company does some crazy things but these phones take it to another level of stupidity

movinwork

My driver gets 1 or 2 messages every morning during route demanding driver helpers get 10-15 stops recorded on driver helpers device and get them done before noon.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I would say you need some stop density to even benefit from a helper at all. If you're that rural that you're driving half a mile between stops, I don't see why you'd benefit from a helper period.

WTH kind of center do/did you work in?

Not having a helper on all my rural routes would meant management would have had to add at least two more routes to cover the increase in stops I always got.