dudebro

What exactly is it that these helpers are being trained to do during orientation?
It doesn't matter what we teach them. I used to teach helpers on Saturday and have them sheeting stops in 10seconds only to come in Monday and watch them look at a DIAD like they never saw one before.

BlackCat

It doesn't matter what we teach them. I used to teach helpers on Saturday and have them sheeting stops in 10seconds only to come in Monday and watch them look at a DIAD like they never saw one before.

The solution is really quite simple.

Have @UpstateNYUPSer give an online video demonstration. It is apparent that his teaching methods have been quite successful.

After the completion of his 3 minute video, hand out certificates acknowledging the completion of his highly informative tutorial.

After completion, YOU can become a truly independent UPSer.

Have @UpstateNYUPSer give an online video demonstration. It is apparent that his teaching methods have been quite successful.

After the completion of his 3 minute video, hand out certificates acknowledging the completion of his highly informative tutorial.

And many of them turned into permanent employees !!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

That 3 minutes would feel like 3 hours.

dudebro

Please tell me the company isn’t planning on using these phones as the next DIAD
Let's just say the Company probably wants to avoid paying for a custom solution specific to them, which costs $, they want to try to benefit from the economy of scale by buying a widely used device off the shelf.